This broccoli salad recipe is a hit at Flying Horse Farms, the SeriousFun camp in Ohio. It’s a favorite, fresh dish served to family campers as they “spring” into camp!
- 2 bunches or 6 small crown broccoli,
cut up into bite- sized pieces
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, or your favorite substitute
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Mix cut broccoli, shredded carrot, diced red onion, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and apricots in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to the broccoli and mix until all of the broccoli is covered.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Bon appétit!